We frequently talk about management skills as being ‘soft skills’.
I would ask you to take a few minutes to ask yourself, what’s ‘soft’ about:
- Finding the right way to tell someone their performance is not up to standard
- Setting expectations for improvements in behaviours
- Starting disciplinary action
- Discussing acceptable levels of sickness absence
- Delegating, after all, everyone knows exactly how to do the job the way you want it done, don’t they?
- Recruiting the right person, to the right job at the right time
- Ending someone’s probationary period because they haven’t made the grade
- Addressing issues quickly that are affecting other team members?
If you find all of the above easy you will not need training to improve your soft skills. If, however, the idea of talking to people about concerns you have about their behaviour, their performance, their impact on others or any other issue, then you will benefit greatly from the next Management Development Programme that starts in January 2015.
As well as 12 half-day sessions you will also receive one-hour per month of telephone support on any people issue in your business as they arise. The programme is run to minimise your time out of the workplace and to maximise your opportunity to apply what you have learned, before reviewing progress and learning new skills the following month.
The 2015 Programme dates are as follows:
- 27 January
- 24 February
- 24 March
- 21 April
- 19 May
- 16 June
- 14 July
- 11 August
- 8 September
- 6 October
- 3 November
- 1 December
Individual telephone coaching calls will be scheduled on an individual basis
Workshops will start at 9am prompt, so arrive early. Training will finish at 12.30pm.
Unit 8 Avenue Business Park, Brockley Road, Elsworth, Cambs, CB23 4EY
If you have more than two managers who would benefit from this programme of training please talk to me about running the programme in-house.
We like to ensure there is a good fit between what you need and what we do best. So before enrolling onto the Management Development Programme we will meet with you to discuss the issues you are facing and ensure this programme is right for your business.
To book your meeting call 01954 267640 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more following this link to Google+