So what? I might hear you ask. Well, nothing if you are not an employer or considering employing someone.
If you are an employer have you considered taking on an apprentice?
Some key facts:
- An apprenticeship is a work-based training programme that fits the needs of the business.
- Apprenticeships are there for new and existing employees who are changing job role and need to learn new skills for the business.
- The government funds training for apprentices aged 16-18.
- Apprentices can be any age from 16 up.
- An Apprenticeship takes between one and four years to complete.
- An apprenticeship is a package of on-the-job training and qualifications.
- There are over 250 different types of apprenticeship.
National Apprenticeship Week celebrates Apprenticeships and the positive impact they have on individuals and businesses.
If you are thinking of taking on someone in a training position you might like to consider how an apprenticeship could suit the needs of your business.
I can help you to identify if an apprentice is the right fit for your business needs and The Qualifications Centre in Cambridge can help by providing funded training to apprentices helping ensure you get the right skills in your business.